Nature Immersion Resources
Click HERE to check out the DOCUMENTS SECTION.
If you are intersted in outdoor learning strategies, check out folders:
- Natural Playgrounds
- Nature Immersion Activities
- Nature Immersion START Up Resources
- Research to Support Taking Kids Outside!
- Participaction Position Statement on Active Outdoor Play
- Participaction Report Card
- Participaction Report Card Highlights
Paul Kelba's Blog: http://thefreshclassroom.blogspot.ca/
HCTF Education (Habitat Conservation Trust Foundation) http://hctfeducation.ca/
Learning for a Sustainable Future http://www.lsf-lst.ca
- Connecting the Dots: Key Strategies that Transform Learning for Environmental Education, Citizenship and Sustainability
The Council of Outdoor Educators of Ontario www.coeo.org
- Reconnecting Children through Outdoor Education: A Research Summary
- Expeditionary Learning - Established through a partnership between Outward Bound and Harvard School of Education, this innovative experiential approach to teaching and learning is making significant progress.
- Children and Nature Network - The Children & Nature Network is leading a movement to connect all children, their families and communities to nature through innovative ideas, evidence-based resources and tools, broad-based collaboration and support of grassroots leadership.
- Born to Learn - A fun and thought-provoking resource that illustrates recent discoveries about how humans learn.
GREAT RESOURCES to help you START a consistent Nature Immersion Program (see documents section as well)
- Back to Nature Network www.back2nature.ca/
- David Suzuki Foundation http://davidsuzuki.org/
- Forest School Canada www.forestschoolcanada.ca/Forest
GREAT RESOURCES to help you plan activities in your Nature Immersion Program (see documents section as well)
- David Suzuki primary
- Back to Nature Network preschool - early childhood
- David Suzuki Kindergarten
- David Suzuki Early Childhood
- David Suzuki Upper Elementary
- David Suzuki - Grade 7 Ecosystems
- David Suzuki - Grade 9 Environmental Chemistry
- Coyote’s Guide to Connecting with Nature by Jon Young, Ellen Haas and Evan McGown
- Last Child in the Woods by Rich Louv
- Your Brain on Nature by Eva M. Selhub and Alan C. Logan
- Vitamin N Richard Louv
Acorn Naturalists is a supply company with an extensive catalogue of outdoor education materials. www.acornnaturalists.com.
The Palisades Stewardship Education Centre is committed to connecting students with nature and our national parks. As the Education Lead, I am excited about connecting teachers with relevant research documents, great resources to help teachers get students learning outside, and helpful links. If you have comments, links or resources to add, please email email@example.com